Advanced Clinical Features
- Comprehensive Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- A library of forms or the ability to create your own using CareVoyant Assessment Builder
- Integrated Briggs Forms
- User definable measurements to manage ROM and other measurements
- Progress Notes
- Therapy (PT/OT/SLP) Notes
- Care Planning
- Plan of Care
- Point of Care Clinical Documentation
- Robust hourly scheduling functions with spilt shift, shift offer, shift differential and overtime management
- Search for employees based on distance using CV Miles API.
- Automatic calculation of travel miles and time using CV Miles API.
- Real-Time Monitoring of schedules (Shifts or Visits) for missed shifts, missed visits, alerts or measurements.
- Mass texting to send shift reminders to employees or patients
- Electronic Visit Verification using GPS
- Trusted Visit Verification using NFC
- Integrated Insurance authorization and scheduling for compliance with authorization.
- A comprehensive billing engine to meet complex Medicaid and Insurance billing requirements using 1500, UB, invoices or statements.
- Claims scrubber to catch errors and correct them before sending claims
- Real-Time alerts using Events & Alerts to automatically alert users of ‘Action Items’ – Expiring Authorizations, Missing Orders, Late Clinical Notes etc.
- HIPAA compliant secure communication through CV Message Center
- Family Portal to allow patients to access their records and improve communication with patients
- Employee Portal to improve communication with employees
- Operational Metrics through Dashboards
- Over 200 reports with Report Scheduler to run reports at a pre-determined time and send them to select groups
- Dashboard Charts
- Integration with popular third party solutions for payroll and accounting
- Quick Books
- GP Dynamics
- Other solutions using csv files
- Integration with other health care solutions using HL7 Interface
CareVoyant Intake and Admission functions enable Behavior Health Clinics, Drug and Alcohol Treatment Centers to establish a single patient record for one or multiple lines of service and for multiple episodes of care. CareVoyant’s single patient record gives organizations the ability to consolidate all the clinical and financial records for a patient across their lines of services. The consolidation of all patient information – including demographic, insurance, personal/professional contacts, diagnosis, clinical and billing – that is collected at admission and throughout the length of care eliminates redundant data entry as the patient moves through the delivery of care under one program or across multiple lines of service.
Using either of our Revenue Cycle Management Partners, you can check patient eligibility in real-time or in a batch mode for multiple patients directly from CareVoyant. Checking eligibility at admission without leaving CareVoyant will streamline your patient registration process. Checking eligibility for a group of patients in a batch mode will ensure ongoing eligibility for patients. A standard event will alert you of any missing patient information or payer changes enabling your staff to proactively correct the records reducing reimbursement time and staff workload.
Using Intake/Admission functions, you can:
- Establish a single patient record to consolidate all patient information
- Establish unlimited number of insurance coverages
- Maintain unlimited number of personal and professional contacts.
- The ability to manage Insurance Authorizations
- Maintain multiple admission records for a patient to track historical clinical and financial records for each admission.
- Use multiple concurrent admission records to maintain clinical and financial records for services provided through different lines of service.
- Maintain unlimited number of diagnosis codes for each admission
- Use user-definable face sheets.
- Verify eligibility in real-time or in a batch mode.
- Scan and attach photos and other documents to patient records
- Link multiple authorization records to an admission
Using Service Authorization functions, you can:
- Establish the authorization record for the patient
- Establish authorized visits by discipline.
- Use Authorization Manager to manage expiring authorizations
- Integrate authorization with scheduling functions to manage discrepancies between authorized visits and scheduled visits.
- Establish schedule templates to create schedules from the authorization for a period (Week, Month, Authorization Period).
- Integrate authorization with billing functions to link authorization numbers to claims.
- Manage frequency changes through change orders.
Using Scheduling Functions, you can:
- Integrate schedules with authorization for compliance
- Use Search functions to get available time slots based on therapists’ availability.
- Use color coded calendar-like weekly and monthly views for patients and employees
- Use Schedule Manager to manage schedules in groups
- Use Drag and drop functions to change schedules.
- Create schedules using templates attached to patient authorizations
- Use Outlook integration to send new visit and changes to your staff calendars
- Mass texting to send schedule reminders for employees and/or patients.
- Use wait list functions to fill cancelled schedules from wait list
- Use Recurring Schedule functions to create and manage recurring schedules
- Maintain therapists’ demographic, availability, licenses and skills
- Automatically create charges from schedules.
- Integrate scheduling, clinical notes, and charge capture
- Manage and track licenses for therapists
Care Plan functions will enable the agencies to maintain therapy care plan. Care plan templates can be created and maintained to build care plans. Care plans can be personalized for each patient without impacting the templates.
CareVoyant clinical functions are tightly integrated with patient registration, care plan, scheduling, and billing eliminating redundant data entry. CareVoyant includes a Clinical Engine with tools to customize standard documentation by discipline and type of visit. An Assessment Builder allows therapy clinics to develop clinical documentation forms — from the bottom-up — within CareVoyant. Briggs forms are also available through CareVoyant. CareVoyant Clinical Engine enables therapy clinics to collect, view and manage clinical records across other lines of business (Home Care, LTC etc.). Therapists can access all patient demographic, authorization and clinical information at point of care.
Clinical notes are validated at the point of care for accuracy and completeness before therapists can complete the note significantly improving the accuracy of the note and reducing the Quality Assurance time.
CareVoyant provides choices for Point of Care: CV Intuitive with Windows Tablets or Laptops for therapists.
Using Clinical Functions, you can:
- Integrate clinical functions with patient registration, scheduling, and billing
- Use Hub Page to display all scheduled patients and access patient clinical information (Clinical Summary, Care Plan Etc.)
- Collect, view and manage clinical records across multiple admissions or lines of business.
- Validate clinical note for accuracy and completeness.
- Create Plan of Care from initial assessment and care plan
- Customize clinical process by discipline and type of visit
- Develop and use currently used clinical forms using CareVoyant Assessment Builder.
- Option to use Briggs Home Care forms.
- Create periodic progress notes
- Create therapy (PT/OT/SLP) notes
- Log and graph vitals and measurements
- Document to the plan of care – by documenting on problems, goals and interventions
- Review (QA) clinical notes before creating Plan of Care.
- View and manage clinical notes using Clinical Notes Manager.
- Use Text Builder to maintain a library of frequently used phrases for use in order entry, care plan and clinical notes. Use Spell Check for text fields in order entry, care plan and clinical notes.
- Document at Point Of Care using CV Intuitive
- Use Events & Alerts to track unsigned clinical notes.
eBriggs is a broad suite of industry approved and tested clinical forms including assessments and notes. The digital design possesses all the same features of Briggs printed documentation including the Briggs value-added content which naturally guides the clinicians, ensuring they capture all the client and patient information they need to provide quality care. CareVoyant brings clinical experience and regulatory knowledge of Briggs Healthcare to CareVoyant users by embedding eBriggs in CareVoyant clinical functions.
Using eBriggs Forms, you can:
- Use Briggs Home Care forms in CareVoyant Clinical functions.
- View Briggs forms in clinical note just like the forms on paper - significantly improving the ease of use.
- Print forms in the same format as paper improving readability.
- Default all intake and other information in Briggs forms.
- Save in CareVoyant tables maintaining all current CareVoyant functionalities.
- Develop custom forms developed using eBriggs framework.
- View current assessment forms in the current format.
Using Care Coordination Functions, you can:
- Improve quality of care by coordinating care among many stake holders - Patient, Family, Physicians, and Therapists.
- Use eFax to send or receive Plan of Care and Clinical Summary documents to or from physicians.
- Use Direct Message to exchange clinical information with physicians.
- Use Family Portal to send schedules and clinical information to patient and family.
- Use CV Inbox to communicate with patient, family, and employees.
CareVoyant Claims Scrubber and user definable claim validations, along with the claim management functions, enable Therapy Clinics to send clean claims and reduce collection time and efforts. Customizable claim and invoice formats will enable Therapy Clinics to meet various format requirements from insurances, managed care companies and county waiver programs.
CareVoyant Electronic Remittance Notice (ERN) module enables Therapy Clinics to receive electronic remittance advice from intermediaries in ANSI 835 format and post payments automatically. ERN function allows facilities to review imported payments before posting them to patient accounts. ERN saves Coordination of Benefits information for the claims — enabling CareVoyant to send secondary claims electronically.
Collection Management Module provides Therapy Clinics the tools to identify and manage overdue claims and accounts. Collections Module automatically assigns qualifying claims and accounts to collections status based on a pre-defined schedule and other criteria. Claims and account information can be accessed from the Collection Manager, enabling the collector to complete the process in one screen. Activities can be created and managed for each claim and account from Collection Manager.
CareVoyant Financial Reports and Dashboards will enable Therapy Clinics to analyze the financial performance.
General Ledger Interface functions will allow Therapy Clinics to upload account receivable transactions to accounting software like GP Dynamics, Quick Books.
Using Billing and Accounts Receivable Functions, you can:
- Integrate Billing and Accounts Receivable functions with patient registration, eligibility verification, authorization, scheduling and collections
- Bring Billing and Accounts Receivable functions together for multiple lines of business.
- Send a single statement for patients receiving services from multiple programs.
- Control your data by adding your own payers and maintaining your own fee schedules by payer (Insurance Plan)
- Maintain unlimited plans per patient.
- Verify eligibility in real-time or batch mode using ANSI 270/271 formats
- Bill for Medicaid, Insurances, Manage Care companies or county waiver programs
- Handle UB04 and 1500 requirements together.
- Handle electronic (ANSI 837) and paper formats.
- Adjust claim formats to meet insurance plan requirements.
- Use Claims Scrubber to identify and correct claim errors before sending the claims
- Correct claim errors during claims processing
- Add custom claim edits to meet unique billing requirements for Private Duty Nursing
- Automatically generate of secondary claims.
- Use statement functions manage private pay patients
- Use ERN functions to electronically import insurance payments.
- Use Collections Manager streamline and mange claims and accounts collections
- Use GL Interface to send account receivables information to General Ledger
Events & Alerts allows Therapy Clinics to detect and manage exceptions. The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows home care agencies to create new events using Microsoft SQL — thereby providing for virtually unlimited options to track and manage exceptions through custom events.
CareVoyant provides an extensive library of events that can be used to manage the operation of Therapy
Using CareVoyant Events & Alerts Functions, you can:
- Proactively detect, notify and manage events in CareVoyant
- Use Events & Alerts to detect and mange exceptions
- Create custom events to detect events or exceptions based on your needs
- Schedule events to run at a predetermined time
- Use instant events to provide data entry alerts
- Notify users based on user defined criteria
- Use CV Inbox or Email to notify users
The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows therapy clinics to modify existing reports or create new reports using Microsoft Reporting Services technology — thereby providing for virtually unlimited reporting options.
CareVoyant Report Scheduler will enable Therapy Clinics to schedule the reports to run at a predetermined time and automatically email the link to the report to selected users.
Using CareVoyant Reporting Functions, you can:
- Group and assign reports by user roles or individual users
- Use Report Manager to display all available reports for the user
- Modify and save existing reports in a pre-defined location
- Use the original or a modified report
- Create new reports using Microsoft Reporting Services and add it to Report Manager.
- Default or save the selection criteria by user
- Save the reports as PDF, CSV, Excel, TIFF or XML files
- Optionally e-mail reports as attachments or as links
- Use Reports Scheduler to schedule reports to run at a predetermined time with email links to selected users.
Dashboards allow therapy clinics to view key metrics on timely manner and take corrective actions. The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows therapy clinics to create new dashboards using Microsoft Technologies — thereby providing for virtually unlimited options to track and manage key metrics.
CareVoyant provides an extensive library of dashboards that can be used to manage the operation of Therapy Clinics.
Using CareVoyant Dashboards, you can:
- View key metrics in one screen
- Configure dashboards by user or user role
- Create custom dashboards based on home care agency needs
CV Inbox is used to send messages to CareVoyant users, patients and therapists. Alerts from Scheduling, Events & Alerts and Report Scheduler can be directed to Inbox. In addition to CareVoyant Inbox, CareVoyant will allow therapy clinics to communicate with employees using email or text messages.
CV Inbox can be accessed from key data entry screens – Patients, Admissions, Scheduling, Clinical Note. CV Message Center can be accessed using CareVoyant Short Cuts. CV Message Center can also be accessed in CV Intuitive and CV Mobile. CV Inbox can also be accessed in Family Portal.
Using CV Message Center, you can:
- Use CV Message Center as HIPAA compliant internal messaging application.
- View all internal communications and alerts in one common area.
- Initiate messaged using CV Inbox from key data entry screens – Patient, Admission, Scheduling, Clinical Note.
- Access CV Message Center in CV Intuitive and CV Mobile.
- Use CV Inbox in Family Portal and Employee Portal to communicate with patients, families and employees.
Using Family Portal, you can:
- Use Family Portal to provide secure, HIPAA Compliant access to patient information.
- Login using secure user name and password.
- Link one or more patients to a login.
- Allow the patient or family to view demographic information and request changes.
- Allow the patient or family to view current and past schedules and request changes.
- Allow the patient or family to view current and past medications.
- Allow the patient or family to view visit summary
- Allow the patient or family to view account balances.
- Allow the patient or family to use CV Inbox to send and receive messages.