- Advanced Clinical Features
- Comprehensive Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Continuous Care Flow Sheets
- Electronic Medication Administration (eMAR)
- Electronic Treatment Administration (eTAR)
- User definable measurements to manage Vent, Trach, Seizure or Cough Logs
- A library of forms or the ability to create your own using CareVoyant Assessment Builder
- Progress Notes
- Therapy (PT/OT/SLP) Notes
- Care Planning
- Plan of Care
- Aide Care Plan using Aide Tasks (Bathing, Grooming, Medication Reminders, etc.)
- Physician Order Management
- Choose your Point of Care (POC) Solution: CV Intuitive for skilled clinicians using tablets, CV Mobile for aides using smart phones (Android, iOS); and
- Robust hourly scheduling functions with spilt shift, shift offer, shift differential and overtime management
- Search for employees based on distance using CV Miles API.
- Automatic calculation of travel miles and time using CV Miles API.
- Real-Time Monitoring of schedules (Shifts or Visits) for missed shifts, missed visits, alerts or measurements.
- Mass texting to send shift reminders to employees or patients
- Electronic Visit Verification using GPS
- Trusted Visit Verification using NFC
- Integrated Insurance authorization and scheduling for compliance with authorization.
- A comprehensive billing engine to meet complex Medicaid and Insurance billing requirements using 1500, UB, invoices or statements.
- Claims scrubber to catch errors and correct them before sending claims
- Real-Time alerts using Events & Alerts to automatically alert users of ‘Action Items’ – Expiring Authorizations, Missing Orders, Late Clinical Notes etc.
- HIPAA compliant secure communication through CV Message Center
- Family Portal to allow patients to access their records and improve communication with patients
- Employee Portal to improve communication with employees
- Operational Metrics through Dashboards
- Over 200 reports with Report Scheduler to run reports at a pre-determined time and send them to select groups
- Dashboard Charts
- Integration with popular third party solutions for payroll and accounting
- Quick Books
- GP Dynamics
- Other solutions using csv files
- Integration with other health care solutions using HL7 Interface
CareVoyant Intake and Admission functions enable Pediatric home care agencies to establish a single patient record for one or multiple lines of service and for multiple episodes of care. CareVoyant’s single patient record gives organizations the ability to consolidate all the clinical and financial records for a patient across their lines of services. The consolidation of all patient information – including demographic, insurance, personal/professional contacts, diagnosis, clinical and billing – that is collected at admission and throughout the length of care eliminates redundant data entry as the patient moves through the delivery of care under one program or across multiple lines of service.
Using either of our Revenue Cycle Management Partners, you can check patient eligibility in real-time or in a batch mode for multiple patients directly from CareVoyant. Checking eligibility at admission without leaving CareVoyant will streamline your intake process. Checking eligibility for a group of patients in a batch mode will ensure ongoing eligibility for patients. A standard event will alert you of any missing patient information or payer changes enabling your staff to proactively correct the records reducing reimbursement time and staff workload
Using Intake/Admission functions, you can:
- Establish a single patient record to consolidate all patient information
- Establish unlimited number of insurance coverages
- Maintain unlimited number of personal and professional contacts.
- The ability to manage Insurance Authorizations
- Maintain multiple admission records for a patient to track historical clinical and financial records for each admission.
- Use multiple concurrent admission records to maintain clinical and financial records for services provided through different lines of service
- Maintain unlimited number of diagnosis codes for each admission
- Use user-definable face sheets.
- Verify eligibility in real-time or in a batch mode.
- Scan and attach photos and other documents to patient records
- Link multiple authorization records to an admission
Using Service Authorization functions, you can:
- Establish the Physician Plan of Care and identify services required by the plan of care
- Establish a Treatment Plan and Service Authorization for Medicaid or other insurance plans.
- Manage insurance authorizations along with the plan of care.
- Establish budget (hours, visits, units or dollar amount) for the authorization period.
- Integrate authorization with scheduling functions to manage discrepancies between authorized hours and scheduled hours.
- Establish schedule templates to create schedules from the authorization for a period (Week, Month, Authorization Period).
- Establish multiple shifts per day
- Split shifts and link authorization to each split
- Integrate authorization with billing functions to link authorization numbers to claims.
- Manage frequency changes through change orders.
- Scan and attach signed plan of care to the authorization record
- Use user defined assessment forms to manage unique authorization forms for insurance companies.
CareVoyant Scheduling functions enable Pediatric home care agencies to create and manage schedules (Hourly or Shift) based on a physician’s plan of care or an insurance authorization. Schedule templates can be established at the authorization level to open schedules in a batch for a period (Week, Month, Authorization Period). Scheduling functions integrate with authorizations to manage discrepancies between authorized hours and scheduled hours.
CareVoyant provides multiple schedule views to view and manage scheduling. CareVoyant improves productivity and efficiency of the scheduler by matching patient preferences and requirements with employee availability, skills and distance from the patient. CareVoyant’s ability to manage shift differential and overtime enables agencies to minimize overtime and be compliant with overtime rules and regulations. Shift offer management will also improve scheduling efficiency.
CareVoyant schedules form the foundation for our Point of Care solution. Clinicians will access the schedules to document care and record time for shifts or visits using CV Intuitive or CV Mobile. Schedules will be updated with actual shift time, travel time and travel miles during the documentation process. Verify Schedule functions will be used to enter time sheets for employees with no point of care devices.
CareVoyant can automatically calculate travel miles and time using CV Miles API. Real-Time Schedule Monitor will be used to track schedules in real-time for missed shifts, missed visits, measurements or tasks when point of care devices are used. Verified schedule entries will trigger charge and payroll transactions providing a seamless process to create charge and payroll entries.
Using Scheduling Functions, you can:
- Integrate schedules with authorization for compliance
- Use Search functions to match patient preferences and requirements with employee availability and skills
- Use CV Miles API to search for employees within certain distance from the patient.
- Use CV Miles API to automatically calculate travel miles and time.
- Use Shift Offer Management to offer and mange shifts to multiple employees.
- Monitor schedules in real-time for missed shifts, missed visits, measurements or tasks.
- Use color coded calendar-like weekly, monthly, and shift views for patients and employees
- Use Schedule Manager to manage schedules in groups
- Use Drag and drop functions to change schedules.
- Use batch option to create, cancel or reschedule shifts or visits
- Use Shift, weekend, or holiday differential and overtime management for payroll
- Manage schedules for in-service or non-patient related activities
- Use Outlook integration to send new visit and changes to your staff calendars
- Mass texting to send schedule reminders for employees and/or patients.
- Split shift for multiple payers or multiple patients during the shift
- Calculate gross margin for each shift or visit based on fee schedule and pay rates
- Track employee and patient reliability
- Maintain employee demographic, availability, licenses and skills
- Automatically check employee skills, available and licenses during schedule process
- Over-ride of pay rate at schedule level for special circumstances
- Automatically create charge and payroll entries from schedules.
- Integrate scheduling, clinical notes, charge capture and payroll creation
- Maintain availability, skills and preferences for Employees
- Manage and track licenses for employees
- Create payroll records and pass them to payroll system through an interface
- Maintain multiple tiers for employee pay rates
CareVoyant Clinical Functions simplify the process for a Pediatric Home Care Agency to implement electronic medical records. CareVoyant clinical functions makes the transition painless and straight forward by providing the ability to migrate current clinical practices and forms into CareVoyant. CareVoyant will enable the clinicians to improve productivity and quality of care by providing access to clinical summary and documentation across multiple admissions and lines of business.
Order Entry functions will enable the agencies to maintain medication, treatment and other orders. With First Data Bank drug database, CareVoyant provides alerts for drug-to-drug, drug-to-allergy, drug-to-food interactions and duplicate therapy.
Care Plan functions will enable the agencies to maintain skilled care plan. Home Health Aide Care Plans can also be created using Aide Tasks (Bathing, Grooming, Medication Reminders Etc.). Care plan templates can be created and maintained to build care plans. Care plans can be personalized for each patient without impacting the templates.
CareVoyant clinical functions are tightly integrated with intake, order entry, care plan, scheduling, and billing eliminating redundant data entry. CareVoyant includes a Clinical Engine with tools to customize standard documentation by discipline and type of visit. An Assessment Builder allows home care agencies to develop clinical documentation forms — from the bottom-up — within CareVoyant. CareVoyant Clinical Engine enables pediatric home care agencies to collect, view and manage clinical records across other lines of business (e.g., Private Duty Non-Medical, Home Health, Therapy, or Hospice). Clinicians can access all patient demographic, authorization and clinical information on their remote devices using any internet connection.
CareVoyant can handle comprehensive requirements for Pediatric Home Care agencies: Continuous Care Documentation, Electronic Medication Administration (eMAR), Electronic Treatments Administration (eTAR), Vent Flow Sheet, Cough Log, Intake/Output Log.
Clinical notes are validated at the point of care for accuracy and completeness before clinicians can complete the note significantly improving the accuracy of the note and reducing the Quality Assurance time.
CareVoyant provides choices for Point of Care: CV Intuitive with Windows Tablets or Laptops for skilled clinicians; CareVoyant Mobile with smart phones (Android or iOS) for Home Health Aides or Personal Care Employees; Telephony when connectivity is limited.
Using Clinical Functions, you can:
- Integrate clinical functions with intake, scheduling, billing and payroll
- Use Hub Page to display all scheduled patients and access patient clinical information (Clinical Summary, Order, Care Plan Etc.)
- Collect, view and manage clinical records across multiple admissions or lines of business.
- Manage medication, treatment and other orders with drug-to-drug, drug-to-allergy, drug-to-food interactions.
- Validate clinical note for accuracy and completeness.
- Manage skilled and aide care plans using templates.
- Create Plan of Care from initial assessment and care plan
- Create Aide Care Plan using Aide Tasks (Bathing, Grooming, Medication Reminders Etc.)
- Trigger Care Plans based on Diagnosis, Medications, and Assessment Responses.
- Customize clinical process by discipline and type of visit
- Develop and use currently used clinical forms using CareVoyant Assessment Builder.
- Option to use Briggs Home Care forms.
- Use CareVoyant to collect Private Duty Nursing (PDN) notes.
- Document continuous care using Electronic Continuous Care Flow Sheets for Private Duty Nursing Skilled Shift Care
- Document Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) during the shift
- Document Electronic Treatment Administration (eTAR) during the shift
- Track Hi-Tech Notes like Vent, Trach. Seizure, or Cough Log
- Create periodic progress notes
- Create therapy (PT/OT/SLP) notes
- Log and graph vitals and measurements
- Set up thresholds for vitals and user defined measurements.
- Document to the plan of care – by documenting on problems, goals and interventions
- Develop wound protocols and collect wound treatment data.
- Review (QA) clinical notes before creating Plan of Care.
- View and manage clinical notes using Clinical Notes Manager.
- Use Text Builder to maintain a library of frequently used phrases for use in order entry, care plan and clinical notes. Use Spell Check for text fields in order entry, care plan and clinical notes.
- Document at Point Of Care using CV Intuitive, CareVoyant Mobile, or Telephony.
- Use Events & Alerts to track unsigned clinical notes.
CareVoyant has formed a partnership with Briggs Healthcare to offer Briggs forms to Private Duty Nursing Home agencies by embedding eBriggs framework in CareVoyant clinical functions.
eBriggs is a broad suite of industry approved and tested clinical forms including assessments and notes. The digital design possesses all the same features of Briggs printed documentation including the Briggs value-added content which naturally guides the clinicians, ensuring they capture all the client and patient information they need to provide quality care. CareVoyant brings clinical experience and regulatory knowledge of Briggs Healthcare to CareVoyant users by embedding eBriggs in CareVoyant clinical functions.
Using eBriggs Forms, you can:
- Use Briggs Home Care forms in CareVoyant Clinical functions.
- View Briggs forms in clinical note just like the forms on paper - significantly improving the ease of use.
- Print forms in the same format as paper improving readability.
- Default all intake and other information in Briggs forms.
- Save in CareVoyant tables maintaining all current CareVoyant functionalities.
- Develop custom forms developed using eBriggs framework.
- View current assessment forms in the current format.
Using Care Coordination Functions, you can:
- Improve quality of care by coordinating care among many stake holders - Patient, Family, Physicians, and Employees.
- Use eFax to send or receive Plan of Care and Clinical Summary documents to or from physicians.
- Use Direct Message to exchange clinical information with physicians.
- Use Family Portal to send schedules and clinical information to patient and family.
- Use Employee Portal to send patient schedules and alerts to employees.
- Use CV Inbox to communicate with patient, family, and employees.
Using CV Mobile, you can:
- Streamline Aide or Personal Care Delivery to patients
- Link aide care plan, schedules and documentation.
- Use CV Mobile to view aide care plan, document services provided, clock in/out and obtain patient signature.
- Update schedules with actual shift start and end time for charges and payroll.
- Provide Electronic Visit Verification using GPS or NFC.
- Monitor shifts in real-time using Real-Time Schedule Monitor
Using CareVoyant Telephony, you can:
- Use CareVoyant Telephony to document services provided and clock in/out.
- Tightly integrated with Aide Care Plan, Scheduling and Clinical Notes.
- Create clinical notes when shifts are documented using telephony.
- Use telephony when connectivity is limited and telephony is mandated.
- Update schedules with actual shift start and end time for charges and payroll.
- Provide Electronic Visit Verification.
- Monitor shifts in real-time using Real-Time Schedule Monitor
Using CV Miles, you can:
- Save time by automatically calculating travel miles and time during schedule verification.
- Scheduling employees to patients based on the distance from home or form the previous shift.
- Reduce travels expenses by optimizing schedules based on distance.
- Locate employees in Real-Time Schedule Monitor when the shifts do not start on time.
Using Real-Time Schedule Monitor, you can:
- Monitor shifts and mange exceptions in real-time
- Display color coded indicators for exceptions – Late Start, Early End, GPS Mismatch, NFC Mismatch, Missed Tasks, Missed Measurements.
- View current location of the employee for late start and early end exceptions.
- Proactively notify Care Team – patients, families, physicians, employees - of any exceptions.
- View clinical documents for shifts in progress.
- Access clinical summary and other information from the monitor.
CareVoyant Billing and Accounts Receivable is a complete and comprehensive billing engine designed to manage disparate payer requirements (Medicaid, Insurance, Private Pay) for Private Duty home care agencies. CareVoyant provides effective revenue cycle management by integrating intake, eligibility verification, authorization, scheduling, claims/statements management, electronic remittance and collections in a single seamless solution.
CareVoyant Claims Scrubber and user definable claim validations, along with the claim management functions, enable Private Duty Nursing home care agencies to send clean claims and reduce collection time and efforts. Customizable claim and invoice formats will enable Private Duty home care agencies to meet various format requirements from insurances, managed care companies and county waiver programs.
CareVoyant Electronic Remittance Notice (ERN) module enables Pediatric home care agencies to receive electronic remittance advice from intermediaries in ANSI 835 format and post payments automatically. ERN function allows facilities to review imported payments before posting them to patient accounts. ERN saves Coordination of Benefits information for the claims — enabling CareVoyant to send secondary claims electronically.
Collection Management Module provides Pediatric home care agencies the tools to identify and manage overdue claims and accounts. Collections Module automatically assigns qualifying claims and accounts to collections status based on a pre-defined schedule and other criteria. Claims and account information can be accessed from the Collection Manager, enabling the collector to complete the process in one screen. Activities can be created and managed for each claim and account from Collection Manager.
CareVoyant Financial Reports and Dashboards will enable Pediatric home care agencies to analyze the financial performance.
General Ledger Interface functions will allow Pediatric home care agencies to upload account receivable transactions to accounting software like GP Dynamics, Quick Books.
Using Billing and Accounts Receivable Functions, you can:
- Integrate Billing and Accounts Receivable functions with intake, eligibility verification, authorization, scheduling and collections.
- Bring Billing and Accounts Receivable functions together for multiple lines of business.
- Send a single statement for patients receiving services from multiple programs.
- Control your data by adding your own payers and maintaining your own fee schedules by payer (Insurance Plan)
- Maintain unlimited plans per patient.
- Verify eligibility in real-time or batch mode using ANSI 270/271 formats
- Bill for Medicaid, Insurances, Manage Care companies or county waiver programs
- Handle UB04 and 1500 requirements together.
- Handle electronic (ANSI 837) and paper formats.
- Adjust claim formats to meet insurance plan requirements.
- Use Claims Scrubber to identify and correct claim errors before sending the claims
- Correct claim errors during claims processing
- Add custom claim edits to meet unique billing requirements for Private Duty Nursing
- Automatically generate of secondary claims.
- Use statement functions manage private pay patients
- Use ERN functions to electronically import insurance payments.
- Use Collections Manager streamline and mange claims and accounts collections
- Use GL Interface to send account receivables information to General Ledger
CareVoyant Events & Alerts enables Pediatric home care agencies to proactively detect, notify and manage events that happen in the CareVoyant database. Some examples of an event are: New Admission, Patient Discharge, Expiring or Expired Authorizations, Missed shifts, Late Clinical Notes, Missed Vitals or Measurements. When an event is detected, CareVoyant will notify selected group of users based on user defined criteria using CV Inbox or email and add the event to the Events Manager. Event Manager will be used to manage the events. Events can be scheduled to run at a predetermined time.
Events & Alerts allows Pediatric home care agencies to detect and manage exceptions. The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows home care agencies to create new events using Microsoft SQL — thereby providing for virtually unlimited options to track and manage exceptions through custom events.
CareVoyant provides an extensive library of events that can be used to manage the operation of Pediatric home care agencies.
Using CareVoyant Events & Alerts Functions, you can:
- Proactively detect, notify and manage events in CareVoyant
- Use Events & Alerts to detect and mange exceptions
- Create custom events to detect events or exceptions based on your needs
- Schedule events to run at a predetermined time
- Use instant events to provide data entry alerts
- Notify users based on user defined criteria
- Use CV Inbox or Email to notify users
CareVoyant includes an extensive library of clinical, financial, scheduling and census reports to meet the reporting requirements for Pediatric home care agencies. The Reports Manager enables home care agencies to group and manage reports based on individual user or user roles. Reports can also be added to a user’s home page for easy navigation and access. Report selection criteria can be saved for later user. Reports can be saved as a PDF, CSV, Excel, TIFF or XML files.
The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows home care agencies to modify existing reports or create new reports using Microsoft Reporting Services technology — thereby providing for virtually unlimited reporting options.
CareVoyant Report Scheduler will enable Pediatric home care agencies to schedule the reports to run at a predetermined time and automatically email the link to the report to selected users.
Using CareVoyant Reporting Functions, you can:
- Group and assign reports by user roles or individual users
- Use Report Manager to display all available reports for the user
- Modify and save existing reports in a pre-defined location
- Use the original or a modified report
- Create new reports using Microsoft Reporting Services and add it to Report Manager.
- Default or save the selection criteria by user
- Save the reports as PDF, CSV, Excel, TIFF or XML files
- Optionally e-mail reports as attachments or as links
- Use Reports Scheduler to schedule reports to run at a predetermined time with email links to selected users.
Dashboards allow home care agencies to view key metrics on timely manner and take corrective actions. The open architecture design of CareVoyant allows home care agencies to create new dashboards using Microsoft Technologies — thereby providing for virtually unlimited options to track and manage key metrics.
CareVoyant provides an extensive library of dashboards that can be used to manage the operation of Pediatric home care agencies.
Using CareVoyant Dashboards, you can:
- View key metrics in one screen
- Configure dashboards by user or user role
- Create custom dashboards based on home care agency needs
CV Inbox is used to send messages to CareVoyant users, patients and employees. Alerts from Scheduling, Events & Alerts and Report Scheduler can be directed to Inbox. In addition to CareVoyant Inbox, CareVoyant will allow agencies to communicate with employees using email or text messages.
CV Inbox can be accessed from key data entry screens – Patients, Admissions, Scheduling, Clinical Note. CV Message Center can be accessed using CareVoyant Short Cuts. CV Message Center can also be accessed in CV Intuitive and CV Mobile. CV Inbox can also be accessed in Family Portal, and Employee Portal.
Using CV Message Center, you can:
- Use CV Message Center as HIPAA compliant internal messaging application.
- View all internal communications and alerts in one common area.
- Initiate messaged using CV Inbox from key data entry screens – Patient, Admission, Scheduling, Clinical Note.
- Access CV Message Center in CV Intuitive and CV Mobile.
- Use CV Inbox in Family Portal and Employee Portal to communicate with patients, families and employees.
Using Family Portal, you can:
- Use Family Portal to provide secure, HIPAA Compliant access to patient information.
- Login using secure user name and password.
- Link one or more patients to a login.
- Allow the patient or family to view demographic information and request changes.
- Allow the patient or family to view current and past schedules and request changes.
- Allow the patient or family to view current and past medications.
- Allow the patient or family to view visit summary
- Allow the patient or family to view account balances.
- Allow the patient or family to use CV Inbox to send and receive messages.
Using Employee Portal App, you can:
- Provide secure, HIPAA Compliant access to schedules, shift offers, available shifts and employee information.
- Allow your employees to login using secure user name and password.
- Allow your employees to view current and past schedules and request changes.
- Allow your employees to view shift offers and accept or decline them.
- Allow your employees to view available shifts and apply for them.
- Allow your employees to view demographic information and request changes.
- Allow your employee to view licenses and mange expiring licenses.
- Allow your employees to use CV Inbox to send and receive messages.